Why are credit unions good for you?
- Credit unions are non-profit financial institutions
- Members share ownership of the credit union
- Members have a voice in how the credit union operates: one member, one vote
- Since credit unions are non-profit institutions, any excess earnings are returned to the members in higher deposit rates and lower loan rates and fees (on average) than other financial institutions
- Credit unions focus on service to their member/owners
- Directors and committee members are all volunteers
Who can become a member of Citizens Community Credit Union?
Any individual or organization that resides within our geographical boundaries is eligible for membership in Citizens Community Credit Union. Our field of membership surrounds the communities of Devils Lake, Bisbee, Fort Totten, Lakota, Larimore, Northwood, and Grand Forks, North Dakota. Check with us if you're not sure if your hometown falls within these boundaries.
Credit unions have a wonderful philosophy about membership: once a member, always a member. So once you are a member, you can continue to enjoy the benefits of credit union membership even if you move out of the area!